Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Where are we going today?

This morning, Wednesday, I had an 8:00 meeting for my Chamber responsibilities at City Hall.  I told Gary last night that we needed to leave promptly at 7:15 so I could be on-time for my meeting.

At 5:45, he was standing by the bed, in his robe, demanding that I read an email he had gotten about thyroid performance.  He felt that maybe I am so tired because of the symptoms he was reading about in the email.  I was furious.  I was happy that he cares about me, but at 5:45 am, furious was a stronger emotion.  I glanced at the email which contained a 26 minute video.  After reminding him that I had an 8:00 meeting, he accepted that I would watch the video this evening.

We managed the 7:15 deadline for leaving home.  "Where are we going so early?" "Honey, remember, we are going to city hall for my meeting and you can wait in the office and I will take you to CLUB at 9:30, when they open."
"Okay."

After a few minutes in the carpool lane....."Where are we going?" "Honey, remember, we are going to city hall for my meeting and you can wait in the office and I will take you to CLUB at 9:30, when they open."
"Okay."

After a highway change and several other conversations, Gary asked if we were going to the chiropractor and then to the CLUB.  I told him that the chiropractor appointments are on Tuesday and that we were going....well, get the drift.

My intention was to take him through McDonalds for breakfast so he could eat while I was in my meeting, but traffic did not allow.  (Glad I never mentioned that!)  He chose to stay in the car and read his book instead of going to the Chamber office and having coffee.  At 9:15, running late, I found him snuggled with a blanket (it was 75 degrees outside) and reading How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie.  We went to McDonalds, got food and he said, "NOW, can I go to the CLUB?"  "Yes, dear."  I dropped him off and he was rather excited to be there.  It is thrilling that he likes the activities!

Then, at 4:00 he called to say that he was in the 100 degree heat waiting on the E-Van that was scheduled for 3:45.  I told him they have a 30 minute window and that he needed to stay there.  He was less than happy.  Meanwhile, the driver called to say they were at the house and that Gary was nowhere to be found.  They had reversed the pick up schedule!  ARGH!!!  I called E-van and reached a very distraught Amber who apologized profusely that she had mistaken the destination.  Gary was promptly retrieved and made it home okay.  What a fiasco. 

NOTE TO SELF:  always double check the pick up point and destination point IN ADDITION to getting a confirmation number.

Sedalia is my friend.....

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment