Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Blog for Gary

Gary and I have been married a happy twenty eight years.  We have always lived by the motto, "You know when you know you know and you know when you know you don't know.  If you don't know, the answer is NO, if you do know, the answer is GO."  Those words have served us well.


We have lived in many places:  Virginia (met, married and lived x2), Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, Florida, Nassau Bahamas, Georgia, California (Fremont, Pittsburg, Lafayette, Elk Grove)....and we have a retirement home in the country of Panama.  During all those years we have traveled so many places I have lost track.  We experienced many incredible adventures but now we are on the greatest adventure of our lives.  Gary was diagnosed in April of 2013 with Dementia.  My sense of life so far is that it will be the greatest, most emotionally moving and challenging adventure ever in our lives. 


The purpose of this blog is to share stories, jokes and life events to help others.  For those who love him and are not around, it might help them with his transition.  For those who may be experiencing this dreadful disease themselves or in their families, my hope is it will help them heal.  Dementia can be hell, I am choosing to view it as an adventure.  I have no choice or I will go crazy.  I wish the disease on no one.  This blog is intended to share our love and how we cope and that is all.









3 comments:

  1. It doesn't surprise me that you are choosing this powerful way of approaching your life. Thank you for sharing your adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay tuned....there is much more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada this is a courageous method to educate and inspire others. Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete