Sunday, April 6, 2014

Secret to the Relaxation bath.....

Its official....we now have business cards and hats to advertise this blog!


 
I think these pictures very well depict Gary when he is feeling good.  Most of the time, no one can tell he has dementia unless a long conversation ensues. 
 
He worried about so many things all night and then this morning, about 7:00, he calmed and went to sleep. I slept in the guest room most of the night but he awakened me at 5:00.  He woke up around 9:00 and took a hot "Ultramind Bath" ...which he also did less than twelve hours before that. (BTW:  the ultimate relaxing bath is a tub full of water as hot as you can stand, 2 cups of Epsom Salt, 1 cup of Baking Soda and twelve drops of lavender oil.  We also add a tablespoon of chamomile bubble bath. Soak for 20 minutes). While he soaked, I slept peacefully.
 
We missed church so we decided to make a late breakfast lunch and then watched the movie "The Bucket List".  I felt it was an appropriate movie after last night's post about our adventures.  I should not feel sorry for myself....we have had a tremendous life and we Still do!
 
We then went to the theatre and saw "God's not Dead!"  What a fabulous movie about one believer holding fast to his beliefs.  Everyone should see it but I won't be a spoiler here!!! 
 
We came home to an excited Diva and went for a quick walk to the park.  Gary got stressed again and came home and sat on the sofa, drank some downer tea and is now....guess where?  In the bath again.....hey, whatever it takes.  He didn't even eat dinner (crock pot black eyed peas with potatoes and smoked ham and a side of jalapeno cornbread). The bath sure relaxes him.  I'm watching television.  Its a good down time.
 
I'm off for two days and have some important things to take care of....paperwork mostly.  Also considering visiting a local retirement development that has some houses in resale. One never knows what I might accomplish in two days..... :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. A deep tissue massage is very slow using long, flowing strokes to ease in and out of the muscle. Reiki

    ReplyDelete